North Bay October 18, 202325 October 2023
North Bay November 01, 20238 November 2023
October 25, 2023
BG’s Positively Speaking
- Create a daily “worry” period: Choose a set time and place for worrying, the same every day (e.g. in the living room from 5:00 to 5:30 p.m.). During your worry period, you can worry about whatever is on your mind. The rest of the day, however, is a worry-free zone.
- Challenge anxious thoughts: When you’re worried, your negative thoughts can get out of control and make you feel uneasy. Try to identify the negative thoughts and challenge them. Consider whether your fears are realistic and what evidence you have to support them.
- 3. Ask yourself if a worry is something you can control: If it’s not, then there’s no point in worrying about it. If it is something you can control, then take action to address the problem.
- Interrupt the cycle of worry and stress: If you find yourself worrying excessively, try to interrupt the cycle by doing something that distracts you or relaxes you. For example, take a walk, listen to music, or practice deep breathing.
- Talk about your worries: Sharing your concerns with someone can place them in perspective.Making them feel less overwhelming
- Practice mindfulness: Mindfulness is a technique that involves paying attention to the present moment without judgment.It can help you focus on the present instead of worrying about the future.Remember, overcoming worry is a process that takes time and effort. Be patient with yourself, and don’t give up if you don’t see results immediately. We may not be able to eliminate worry, but we can learn to control it and how it impacts our lives.
Worry Less, Smile More, Be Happier.
Editors Quote Book
“Don’t think you’re irreplaceable; if you can’t be replaced you can’t be promoted.”
A (Not So) Bright Idea
A 38-year-old man and a 55-year-old woman have been arrested in the central Shanxi Province of China, China Daily reported, for digging a shortcut through the Great Wall of China. Local police were alerted to the damage and followed tracks from an excavator back to the suspects, who explained that they needed the shortcut to get back and forth to their construction jobs. The Great Wall is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which has reportedly been “damaged beyond repair.” The two were charged with destroying a cultural relic.
A man arriving home from work was shocked to find his house ransacked and burglarized. He telephoned the police at once and reported the crime. The police dispatcher broadcast the call, and a K-9 unit patrolling nearby was the first to respond.
As the K-9 officer approached the house with his dog on a leash, the man ran out on the porch, shuddered at the sight of the cop and his dog, then sat down on the steps.
Putting his face in his hands, he moaned: “I come home to find all my possessions stolen. I call the police for help, and what do they do? They send me a BLIND policeman!”
(Click Question For Answer)
For Amusement Only
ARIES Mar. 21-Apr. 19: Your finances need to be brought under control. Use your free time to relieve some of the stress.
TAURUS Apr. 20-May 20: Throw caution to the wind. Take off the blinders and develop new strategies to deal with old challenges.
GEMINI May 21-June 20: A problematic dilemma will present itself. Your ability to negotiate will play a big part in the solution.
CANCER June 21-July 22: Someone is trying to tell you something. Pay attention to them. Are you listening or just agreeing with them.
LEO July 23-Aug 22: Stop taking all the glory. It’s time to step back, delegate to others, and give them a chance to shine.
VIRGO Aug. 23-Sept. 22: Some compromise with loved ones is required. Home life will be interrupted by an unexpected but welcome visitor.
LIBRA Sept. 23-Oct. 22: Secure the deal before taking a leap. Seek help. You will not succeed in moving ahead on your own.
SCORPIO Oct. 23-Nov. 21: A romantic relationship needs nurturing. Show that you care. Take some extra time to show your feelings.
SAGITTARIUS Nov. 22-Dec. 21: A bold move will realize big dividends with VIPs. Look for the opportunity to get that promotion you want.
CAPRICORN Dec. 22-Jan. 19: A pessimistic attitude will not get you what you want. Look on the bright side. There’s always a silver lining.
AQUARIUS Jan. 20-Feb. 18: You are drawn to another by their personality. But it’s what you don’t see that really matters.
PISCES Feb. 19-Mar. 20: Complete all your fall chores before it’s too late. Once winter arrives, you will be glad you did.
Before Bill Gates
The first modern computer was built in 1942 by the theoretical physicist John V. Atanasoff and his assistant Clifford Berry. They used vacuum tubes to solve mathematical calculations and called their machine The Atanasoff Berry Computer…. or ABC.
Least Competent Criminal
Nicholas Coffey, 23, couldn’t resist bragging on social media about his “new” Mercedes-Benz, which made it easier for cops to track him down, Fox News reported. Coffey and an accomplice used the stolen car to break into other vehicles on Deltona, Florida, residential streets during the early morning hours, then stopped at a gas station, where Coffey was captured on surveillance video. Volusia County detectives caught up with him the following morning and arrested him on multiple charges.
Bill and Ben were talking over the garden fence. Bill said, “Did you hear about our neighbour across the road?” ” No, what about him?’ asked Ben. “Well,” continued Bill, “He’s been staying up all night figuring where the sun went when it went down.” What happened?” asked Ben. “Oh, it finally dawned on him.”
The Last Word
The best vitamin you can take for making friends is… B-1