Almaguin November 2, 20229 November 2022
Almaguin November 23, 202230 November 2022
November 9, 2022
BG’s Positively Speaking
What Do Successful People Do
In my messages, I have often said that there were several key elements to success. However, success is always a result of personal growth and growth is achieved when a person gains knowledge. That knowledge can be acquired primarily by;
- Attending classes and/or seminars in the area of your interest.
- Reading books, magazines and related articles.
- By association with people with knowledge/experience in the area of interest.
- Get around those people with the ‘mindset’ that makes for success.
All the knowledge in the world is useless without the mindset that allows for its productive application.
The most critical element that leads to personal growth and success is READING. It is said that if we read 10 pages per day, on any subject, after 5 years, we will be very well informed on that subject. Enough to be a “go-to” person within our circle of influence. At the end of 10 years, we would be considered experts in that field.
Now you don’t have to be an expert in one field to succeed. But, of course, it would help if you were well-informed about your primary area of expertise. Still, you also need to cultivate the other attribute of a successful person, the all-important “mindset’. You can gain this ‘mindset’ by learning from successful people. Start reading about how they think and react, learn what they know, how to be motivated, how to deal with others, and how to develop and maintain goals. There is one thing I know for sure …..
ALL Sucessful People …. READ!
Editors Quote Book
A climber fell off a cliff, and as he tumbled down, he caught hold of a small branch wedged in the rock.”HELP! IS THERE ANYBODY UP THERE?” he shouted. A majestic voice boomed through the gorge: “I will help you, my son, but first you must have faith in me.” “Yes, yes, I trust you!” cried the man. “Let go of the branch,” boomed the voice. There was a long pause, and the man shouted again, “IS THERE ANYONE ELSE UP THERE I COULD TALK TO?”
Healthy In Texas
At the urging of his doctor, Bill moved to Texas. After settling in, he met a neighbour who was also an older man. “Say, is this really a healthy place?” “It sure is,” the man replied. “When I first arrived here, I couldn’t say one word. I had hardly any hair on my head. I didn’t have the strength to walk across a room, and I had to be lifted out of bed.” “That’s wonderful!” said Bill. “How long have you been here?” “I was born here.”
Two More Wishes
Joe finds a lamp. He rubs it, and a Genie emerges. The Genie tells him he will be granted three wishes. Joe thinks for a moment and says, “First, give me a bottomless mug of beer.” A mug of beer appears in his hand. He sips it once, then again, and the beer mug is magically refilled. He is thrilled and continues to drink. The mug never empties. Then the Genie says, “And what about your other two wishes?” Joe thinks for a moment and says, “Give me two more just like this one!”
(Click Question For Answer)
For Amusement Only
ARIES Mar. 21-Apr. 19: Some health problems will surface. Attend to them immediately and prevent them from becoming serious. Stay positive.
TAURUS Apr. 20-May 20: A secret love makes themself known. This could turn out to be an exciting time for you.
GEMINI May 21-June 20: Temper your response with caution to a surprise announcement. Get the full story before you share your reactions.
CANCER June 21-July 22: Not everyone appreciates your creativity as you think they should. Search out a mentor.
LEO July 23-Aug 22: A simple idea starts to take root. Be prepared for some pushback. Nothing worthwhile is without difficulty.
VIRGO Aug. 23-Sept. 22: Begin a private journal. The next few years will be worth recording. Your writings will amaze others.
LIBRA Sept. 23-Oct. 22: Your best efforts appear to be in vain. Don’t despair. Your day has not yet arrived, but it will.
SCORPIO Oct. 23-Nov. 21: Your love interest has stabilized. You can take your guard down and relax a little. Enjoy the relationship.
SAGITTARIUS Nov. 22-Dec. 21: Give your self-esteem a boost. Strut your stuff. Show those around you that you can get the job done.
CAPRICORN Dec. 22-Jan. 19: You must get your finances in order before the holiday season. You need a strict budget to follow.
AQUARIUS Jan. 20-Feb. 18: You get the go-ahead on a project. Don’t jump in with both feet. Plan your moves and come out on top.
PISCES Feb. 19-Mar. 20: Friends come and go. Make sure that you stay in touch with the good ones. They are hard to find.
Did You Know?
Did You Know
- The Eiffel Tower can be 15 cm taller during the summer. This is because of thermal expansion, meaning the iron heats up, the particles gain kinetic energy and then take up more space.
- Trypophobia is the fear of closely-packed holes. Or, more specifically, “an aversion to the sight of irregular patterns or clusters of small holes or bumps.” No crumpets for them, then.
- Australia is wider than the moon. The moon is 3400km in diameter, and Australia’s east-to-west is almost 4000km.
- ‘Mellifluous’ is a sound that is pleasingly smooth and musical to hear.
- The Spice Girls were initially called Touch. “When we first started [with the name Touch], we were pretty bland,” Mel C said. “We felt like we had to fit into a “
- Human teeth are the only body part that cannot heal themselves. This is because teeth are coated with enamel which is not living tissue.
- Amy Poehler was only seven years older than Rachel McAdams when she took on the “cool mom” role in Mean Girls. Rachel was 25 as Regina George – Amy was 32 as her mum.
- People are more creative in the shower. This is because when we take a warm shower, we increase the Dopamine flow, making us more creative.
A Clever Answer
A scientist discovers the wreckage of an alien spaceship. However, an alien is still alive, and the scientist assists him in repairing the spacecraft so that the alien can return home. As a token of appreciation, the extraterrestrial tells the scientist that he will answer a single question, whatever it is or how it is phrased. The scientist finally asks a question as the extraterrestrial prepares to take off. “What is the best question that I could possibly ask you in this situation and what is the answer to it?” the scientist asked. “The best question is the one you just asked, and the answer to it is the one I just gave you,” says the alien and flies away.
A Weird Dreamer
Duane Hansen, 60, has fulfilled a long-held dream of his: to paddle the Missouri River in a pumpkin, NBC News reported. On August. 27, Hansen set out in an 846-pound pumpkin for a 38-mile float on the Big Muddy to celebrate his 60th birthday. “I’ve been dreaming about this,” he said. “This has been a five-year journey to get a pumpkin that’s big enough.” Hansen grew the pumpkin himself; his wife named it Berta.
The Last Word
Life is like an Ice cream cone,
you have to lick it one day at a time.