Newmarket December 21, 202228 December 2022
Newmarket January 4, 202311 January 2023
December 28, 2022
Editors Quote Book
“There are no shortcuts to anyplace worth going.”
— Beverly Sills
I Gotta Know …
- Is atheism a nonprofit organization?
- What if there were no hypothetical questions?
- Is there another word for “synonym”.
- What do you do when you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?
- Would a fly without wings be called a walk?
- Why do they lock gas station washrooms? Are they afraid someone will clean them?
- If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is it homeless or naked?
- If the police arrest a mute, do they tell him he has the right to remain silent?
- Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machine?
- What was the best thing before sliced bread?
(Click Question For Answer)
For Amusement Only
Aries Mar. 21 – Apr. 19 During the dark winter days ahead, let at least 1 person know that you love them. It will get you both through the season easier and quicker.
Taurus Apr. 20 – May 20 You can’t make a silk purse from a sow’s ear, so change tact or abandon the whole idea.
Gemini May 21 – June 20 Prepare for a change. Once it starts it could take on a life of its own, so hang onto your hat!
Cancer June 21 – July 22 Consider a change of scenery or job. You know which of the 2 is needed. Prepare the steps needed to do it.
Leo July 23 – Aug. 22 The new year sees the start of a new you. Try to let it happen at its own pace and embrace it!
Virgo Aug. 23 – Sept. 22 Can you foresee what will make you happiest and most fulfilled? Consider this … will it benefit others? If so, get started!
Libra Sept. 23 – Oct. 22 Are you happy with your current situation? Look at what’s needed and get started.
Scorpio Oct. 23 – Nov. 21 Anyone can make mistakes. What would you do differently? Write it down, remember it, and learn from it, so you won’t have to go through it yourself.
Sagittarius Nov. 22 – Dec. 21 Jot down what you want to accomplish through the coming year and get started. You might be surprised where you’ll be this time next year.
Capricorn Dec. 22 – Jan. 19 Pretty soon the new year will present you with a new opportunity to shine. Don’t hold back. Give it all you’ve got!
Aquarius Jan. 20 – Feb. 18 You will be called upon to be the Light in someone else’s life. Don’t hold back, but it’s not necessary to be obvious about it.
Pisces Feb. 19 – Mar. 20 Pointing the finger can backfire whether you know it or not. Take SOME responsibility if warranted.
Did You Know?
To Those of Us Born 1925-1970
- We survived – being born to a mother who smoked and drank during pregnancy and took aspirin,
- medicine bottles with no childproof lids, locks on doors or cabinets,
- riding our bikes without a helmet,
- riding in cars with no car seats, seat belts or air bags,
- drinking water from a garden hose on a hot day, and sharing a pop with 4 friends from a bottle,
- eating cupcakes, white bread, real butter and bacon,
- drinking Kool-Aid made with real white sugar … and we weren’t overweight!
- Because we were always outside playing – until the streetlights came on,
- We had no Play Stations, Nintendos and X-Boxes, no video games, no 150 TV channel’s, no DVD’s, CD’s, cell phones, P.C.’s, no internet and chat room.
- We had FRIENDS!
- We fell out of trees, broke bones and no one sued anyone because of it.
- We ate worms, mud pies, and dirt.
- We rode bikes or walked to a friend’s house, and if we got into trouble with the law, our parents actually sided with the police!
These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever! We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all.
If YOU are 1 of those born between 1925 and 1970 … CONGRATULATIONS! You might want to share this with your kids and grandkids so they will know how brave and lucky their parents and grandparents [and GREATgrandparents] were. Kind of makes you want to run through the house with scissors, doesn’t it?
An old man said: “Erasers are for those who make mistakes.”
A youth replied: “Erasers are made for those who are willing to correct their mistakes!”
The Last Word
A nickel goes a long way now.
You can carry it around for days without finding a thing it will buy.